Calling all vegans, vegetarians, or anyone that loves spaghetti squash: just 5 ingredients in this delicious, smokey flavored vegetable side dish. Definitely a hit!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2-1 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground chipotle
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees. Fill glass baking dish with a 1/2 inch of water.
2. Split spaghetti squash in half and place face down (skin up) in baking dish, bake for about 45 minutes.
3. Add almonds to pan and heat over medium heat stirring constantly. Remove from heat once they’re golden brown.
4. When squash is ready, set aside until cool enough to touch. Remove seeds and middle section.
5. Take a fork and scrap insides into a bowl. Scraps should resemble thin pasta strings.
6. Mix evenly the coconut oil, chipotle, nutmeg, and almonds with squash. Top with salt and enjoy!