Honestly, these smoothies are perfect all year round. The theme I’m working with here is to aid digestion and inflammation. Simplicity is key.
Let’s start with my 5 ingredient anti inflammatory Green B:
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1-1.5 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1.5-2 cups of frozen pineapple chunks
- 10-12oz of coconut water
- 1-2 tablespoons of cilantro
Make 2 servings
1. Combine all ingredients into blender. Blend until it reaches a consistency to your liking, I prefer chunky and utilize my frozen pineapple as if it were ice.
***This green power machine will aid digestion, fight inflammation and eliminate bloating from dehydration, poor gut health and even menstrual cramping. Your key ingredients are ginger, pineapple and celery.
Next is a smoothie inspired by a super fit and healthy friend that has given plenty of advice on fat burning or protein infused smoothies. I call this one The Macayan:
- 1 banana
- 1.5 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 cup mango chunks
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon of flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- Pinch of cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients into blender and blend away! Add ice if using fresh pineapple and mango, otherwise if frozen fruit used will suffice as ice replacement.
***This sweet and tropical tasting smoothie is especially great when you’re having a craving chocolate or dessert. The sweetness of raw honey kindly compliments the banana and mango. Filled with omega 3’s and fiber, you cannot pass this simple and delicious smoothie. Key ingredients are flaxseed meal, plain Greek yogurt, and pineapple.