A simple vegan and gluten free flatbread that pairs perfectly with soups, roasted vegetables with olives, hummus, or used as a base for pizza!
Beyond delicious and incredibly easy to make 🙂
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of evoo
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of salt (garlic salt can be used just as well)
1. Combine garbanzo bean flour, salt, pepper, water, and evoo and whisk until mixture becomes batter. Make sure consistency isn’t too thick or runny, must be smooth. Adjust water to garbanzo flour ratio if need be.
2. Spray non stick skillet with coconut oil and heat on medium low. Pour a little batter in and spread around in pan. Cook on each side for about 3 minutes and flip. Total cooking time for each socca flat bread will be about 6 minutes.
3. Best when served warm.
***Size does not matter, you can make large thin flatbread or smaller ones resembling street style taco corn tortillas. This recipe mimics the latter of the two and will make about a dozen socca flatbreads.