Always easy, always healthy!
- 8-10oz of elbow pasta (whole wheat or quinoa is fine)
- 5-6 slices of dairy and soy free Daiya Cheddar Style cheese
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle powder
- Salt and black pepper
1. Boil about 4 1/2 cups of water with 1 teaspoon of salt, through pasta in. Cook for 3-5 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. In a sauce pan heat about 2 tablespoons of evoo, pour 2 tablespoons of flour in and whisk.
3. Gently pour in almond milk while whisking. Let set over low heat for about 5 minutes or until milk thickens.
4. Remove from heat, pour in Daiya chaeedar like cheese slices, garlic salt, chili powder and chipotle. Stir!
5. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of flour to sauce and continue to stir until sauce is thick and yellow.
6. Add pasta to sauce and stir to coat well.
***you can add broccoli, squash, onion, kimchi, or tofu to add more flavor.