One day I was browsing around on Miss De Laurentiis’ webpage and stumbled on this really dope cocktail recipe. Made some alterations to fit my palette and coincidentally found a new love.
- 4 cups of cranberry juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1.5 cups of brown sugar
- 5 whole cloves
- 1.5 teaspoon of anise seeds
- Whole cranberries
- Triple sec
1. Simmer cranberry juice, cinnamon sticks, brown sugar, anise and cloves on medium heat. Once peaked, turn on low and let sit for about 20-25 minutes. Remember to stir every so often.
2. Grab an ice tray, fill each slot with whole cranberries and fill with water. Stick in freezer, ultimately is should come out looking something like this:
3. Once mixture on stove top is done and let cool. Strain juice to remove anise seeds, cloves and cinnamon sticks. Place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
4. When you’re ready to serve, place cranberry ice cubes in glass, pour a shot of vodka in, pour a quarter shot of triple sec and follow with cranberry infused mixture.
**if you prefer a stronger cocktail, opt for brandy instead of triple sec.