Experiment, always experiment. This recipe happened because I took a chance and damn was it magic!
- 1 pound of Scallops (used dry packed sea scallops from grocer, this recipe is suitable for no more than 15 scallops)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2.5 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup of sherry wine
- Flour (tiny bit)
- Black pepper
1. Rinse scallops and pat dry.
2. Salt and pepper scallops then grab a few pinches of flour and lightly sprinkle over scallops. Use your hands to mix them around so flour is coated on each one.
3. Heat 1 1/4 butter in pan on med/low.
4. Toss in scallops once butter is melted, let cook for about 4 minutes.
5. Add remaining butter (1 1/4) and garlic (diced or sliced).
6. Turn scallops over to sear other side
7. Add sherry wine and scrape bottom of pan and let scallops cook for another 4-5 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and pair scallops with pasta or rice.
Melts in your mouth like butter, omg.