Seriously, I can eat like 6 of these bad boys.
These make for a great appetizer or side dish. If you have kids helping out in the kitchen they can pick out ingredients to put inside each tomato. Either way it’s totally simple, healthy and fun.
- 5 Roma tomatoes (more people=more tomatoes)
- About 1.5 cups of crumbled sourdough bread (used mine from a fresh loaf)
- 3 gloves of garlic, diced
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut tomatoes in half & empty out their insides.
3. Sprinkle salt, pepper & basil inside each tomato.
4. Add a little garlic inside each, covering the base.
5. Add bread crumbs to the top & then sprinkle a bit more basil, salt & pepper.
6. Place each tomato in oven safe dish standing upright & drizzle evoo over each.
7. Place in oven and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.