Healthy breakfast for those of us on the go or feeding multiple mouths. Leftovers should be sealed in Tupperware & good for 3-4 days. For this recipe I used a 1.5 quart dish, if you have a 2 quart add another egg and up spices by 1/2 (leave oats, salt, honey & sugar at suggested servings stated below).
- 2 cups of oats (I mixed steel cut & rolled oats)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups of non-fat milk
- 1.5 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Berries (about 1.5-2 cups sliced, smaller berries leave whole. I used strawberries & blueberries & topped with 1 slices banana. Feel free to use berries or fruit of your choice!!)
- Pinch of nutmeg
1. Set oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix coconut oil, honey, vanilla, milk & egg in 1 bowl & set aside.
3. Mix oats, chocolate, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, flaxseed, cinnamon & nutmeg in a second bowl & set aside.
4. Slice up larger berries. Spray dish with cooking oil & lay first set of berries on bottom of dish.
5. Add dry oat mix on top of berries in dish, then add wet milk mix, be sure to pour slowly & evenly.
6. Top with remaining berries, sliced banana, slivered almonds & pinch of brown sugar.
7. Stick in oven uncovered & bake for 45 minutes.
Enjoy your amazing berry breakfast 🙂