Delicious Brazilian cheese bread that go great with ANY meal: breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups of Tapioca flour. *I had a hard time finding this in a grocery store so I ordered Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca flour (aka Tapioca startch) from Amazon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 cup of cheese (I used a mixture of cheddar & jack. You can use parmesan or any firm cheese)
- 1/2 stick of melted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan then add vegetable oil & milk, bring to a boil then remove from heat.
2. Add Tapioca flour and stir. You want the flour completely mixed in & this takes a little arm work. Once entirely mixed in you’ll find it to have an extremely thick consistency.
3. Add eggs, one at a time. Then add cheese & again, to have a balanced mixture requires arm work.
4. Once cooled down, scoop small portion of dough into floured hands, roll into small balls & place on ungreased baking sheet.
5. Oven should be set @ 350 degrees & bake for no more than 25 minutes.
These little pieces of heaven should be golden on the outside & moist on the inside-partly due from the Tapioca flour (gluten free). Using a wheat based flour will give a different consistency so make these as the recipe states.
Happy Eating 🙂