Gourmet tea cookies.
Dress them up as you please, any topping would work majic on these little pieces of heaven!
This is a 2 part recipe: glaze & cookie dough.
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons of lemon juice
1. Mix eggs with lemon juice, then mix in powdered sugar. Mix until everything is nicely blended creating a thick & creamy consistency.
2. Once it’s thick & creamy, cover & place in fridge for 2-12 hours.
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 rice flour
- 1.5 teaspoon of dried, ground chamomile & lavendar
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 cups of unbleached flour
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
1. Whisk unbleached flour, rice flour & salt, set aside.
2. Take butter, chamomile & lavendar, sugar & mix with electric mixer until it has fluffy consistency.
3. Mix dry ingredients into mixing bowl using electric mixer on low. Once everything is mixed at 2 eggs & vanilla extract.
*if your dough is too crumbly, add a couple of tablespoons of water or 1 more egg.
4. Once mixed take tough out and place inside Saran Wrap & refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, take cookie dough out of fridge & roll into thin dough between parchment paper. Use any shape of cookie cutter and cut away!
6. Place on cookie sheet with parchment paper & bake for about 13 minutes.
7. Place on cooling rack when complete. Once cool take cookie & dip front into room temperatured glaze, once dipped work quickly to add toppings of your choice. For this recipe I added freeze dried strawberries, diced almonds, chocolate chips & chocolate syrup, & edible flowers.