This recipe involves steaming the sprouts over a grill. It’ll take 15 minute tops to prep, cook and serve.
- Balsamic vinger (I used a citrus balsamic but any kind should work).
- Salt & Black pepper
- Brussel sprouts
- Foil (used as a steamer pouch over grill).
1. If you purchased your sprouts pre-sliced, you just saved yourself some time. If not, no worries, you can pop those bad boys in a microwave with some water and cook on high for 2-3 minutes. Slice and dice them until it’s reminiscent of a cabbage salad.
2. Section off and fold pieces of foil to create a “boat” leaving enough room to seal the foil to create a steam pouch.
3. Place sliced brussel sprouts (evenly balanced) inside foil and drizzle with EVOO, honey, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I was generous with black pepper because I love a peppery taste to balance out the sweetness of honey.
4. Seal foil to create a pouch and place on grill 8-12 minutes over medium heat.
5. Remove from grill once the color starts to turn, note a softer consistency.
6. Place in bowl and drizzle balsamic vinegar and mix well. Serve warm as a side dish! Enjoy!!