- Chicken breasts
- Roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Red onion (sliced or diced)
- Capers (optional)
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Oregano, rosemary
- Lemon juice & zest (I used two lemons for 4 small size chicken breast).
- Salt and black pepper
1. Section off foil squares for each chicken breast you intend to cook. You will create a pouch in which chicken breast and toppings will be completely sealed inside. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place inside of foil.
2. Dice 3 garlic gloves and sprinkle over chicken.
3. Season with oregano and rosemary.
4. Slice red onion and place enough to cover the entire surface of chicken.
5. Halve cherry tomatoes and place on top of red onion, covering entire surface.
6. Drizzle EVOO over chicken and toppings in pouch. Then pour lemon juice over each and at this time you can add capers and feta cheese if you plan to use them.
7. Completely seal foil pouches and place on grill over medium heat for about 25 minutes.
8. Once chicken reaches 165 degrees remove from grill, unwrap, and serve!
This recipe pairs nicely with a veggie medley side dish and a glass of wine or sangria, enjoy!!